Tuesday, October 20, 2009

ego; - un cover de "the spider & the fly"

the spider % the fly from ego; on Vimeo.



hice este cover porque sonó en la tienda de vino mientras yo salía. me cogió por sorpresa y esa sorpresa fue un reconocimiento. me recordó que fue una de las primeras canciones que toqué en concierto. la toqué con Daniel Alzate, hace un buen rato.

"The Spider and the Fly" (Rolling Stones, the B-side of "Satisfaction") came back to me today. I re-cognized it. I realized it's a Freudian blues. It's about you owning the rules of your life by dragging your parents out of your mind.

Blues is where minimalism bites the tail of pop, thus closing the circle (of (experimental) music).

Spider & fly. Spiderman & Superman. Undeserved humour & rule-abiding boredom.

"'Will you walk into my parlor?' said the Spider to the Fly."

No comments: